I made this recipe LIVE with my friends on Instagram – Here’s the video.
(recipe details below)
- The most important ingredient: GRASS FINISHED RIBEYE Steak. I order ALL my meat from HERE. I highly recommend you learn where your meat is coming from, what goes into it, and ensure all your beef is not only grass-fed, but GRASS FINISHED! (very important)… Or just shop where I do Click here to learn more.
- Salt & Pepper
- Chinese Five Spice
- Garlic Cloves
- Thai Chile
- Fresh Cilantro
- Start with semi-dry, not too cold steaks. Season them with salt, pepper, and about a teaspoon of Chinese Five Spice per steak. (season to your taste)
- On an EXTRA HOT pan sear steak on both sides and cook to your desired temperature. I like Medium.
- Remove from pan and set aside to set.
- Grate or grind with pestle & mortar the fresh garlic, chile, ginger, and a bit of lime zest. Mix with olive oil, a conservative splash of soy sauce alternative, and the juice of a lime.
- Rub Steaks on the fresh dressing and slice steak into thin slices.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime slices.
- Serve with jasmine rice and your favorite vegetables.
Why I order all my meat online and where